Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Featured Craft artist of the Week: Craftymamacita


This week I would like you to meet Maria from craftymamacita. Maria loves to sew and in her shop you will find many lovely unique items which she has personally sewn. Mary love to do custom orders.  So stop by and check out her items.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftymamacita


1.What would you like us to know about you? I am a stay-at-home mother to one beautiful 3-year old girl who inspires most of my creations.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftymamacita

2.When did you discover Etsy? A couple of years ago, several of my online friends started selling on Etsy. They inspired me to open my own shop, and in fact were very eager for me to do so. 


3.What prompted you to open an Etsy Shop? I sort of answered that in the last questions. I was already sewing clothes for my daughter, and I thought it would be nice to make some extra money on the side to help pay off my student loans.



4.What do you sell? I sell aprons, bridal veils, mantillas, first communion veils, brooches, hair accessories and fascinators.




5.How did you come up with your shop name? My blog's name was Crafty Catholic Mamacita - 3 words that summarize who I am. I dropped the Catholic part because I didn't want my customers to think my items were only for Catholics.

6.How would you describe your shop? Retro, modest, with Latina flavor

7.What inspires / motivates you? My daughter and my husband are my biggest inspirations and sources of encouragement. I am also heavily influenced by all things flamenco and growing up on the Mexican border. I love bright colors, polka dots, and lots of ruffles.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftymamacita

8.How has Etsy changed your life? Well, I find myself becoming more confident in my ability to create my own designs, something I never thought possible. So my dreams of becoming a fashion designer are very slowly becoming true. Also, I am very much depending on my business from Etsy starting next month as we move down to California and my husband and I will completely depend on our creative ventures, such as my Etsy shop, to be able to support our family. This is big!

9.Where else can we find you?
Blog: 
www.susiquetzalli.blogspot.com
Facebook: 
www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Mamacita/281888151841583
Twitter: 
twitter.com/#!/1CraftyMamacita

10.Is there anything else you would like to share? In the future, I am considering making more children's clothes, especially fancy dresses, so be on the lookout for that!


11. When you get a new idea, how long does it take you to execute and list it? Most of my day is spent taking care of my 3-year old. I only get to work on sewing during the evenings if I am lucky. So sometimes it takes a week, often it is more like weeks or a month, depending on what is going on in my life. I know it won't be this way forever, but motherhood takes priority for me right now.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftymamacita

12. How much time do you spend on your shop take each week? I don't know what shop take is, sorry...

13. How do you promote your shop? Sometimes I do giveaways on my blog. I also leave my business cards in as many places as possible. Facebook and twitter help some. Doing my handwork in public places can also be a great way to advertise. I also try to wear some of my products (not the listed ones) and that brings in attention.

14. How important is social media for your shop? It is important for repeat customers who like to follow along with my story. I don't think it brings in a lot of new customers, at least not yet. I still have no idea how people randomly find me, but it always makes me happy when they do :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment